For a freedom and liberty lover like me who believes in the sanctity of the 4th amendment, this was a great project to work on. Many (but not all) people know that your cell phone is just a small little NSA tracking device. Not to mention the fact that there is quite a bit of risk to your health from w-fi radiation.
The Block it Pocket project was a great project because of the product itself and the owner of the business.
The product is an American made invented by a metal craftsman, artist by the name of Keith Macleod. The way it works is that the cloth lining has woven into it special material that blocks all incoming and outgoing radio frequency. This means that when your phone is in the pocket you are off the grid and cannot be tracked.
In fact we’ll be selling our own private labeled version of the pocket here shortly with the Minuteman Mobile logo on the front. So check back.
Project Background and Scope
Keith has a great set of products but his site which he had just had redone (by someone else I might add) was not mobile friendly and one day when he went to his site with his phone, saw that it wasn’t mobile friendly had an awakening. He took one look at his Google Analytics data, saw the amount of mobile traffic and knew immediately he had to do something. We’re glad he called us.
Simple, create a mobile web app that not only provided key information about health and privacy issues related to the use of cell phones but also integrated mobile commerce so that people could place an order (for one of a variety) of different “Block it Pocket” products.
No keyword research, no website, just develop an mobile web app that give people what they needed when they hit the Block it Pocket website.
The low down on wi-fi and proof that the product worked along with m-commerce capability.
Mobile App Components included;
1. About: Block it Pocket has a great story to tell – especially Keith the founder and the way he invented the pocket and the metal working that he does. He’s a real enterprising, resourceful patriot who has come up with a solution that is effective and a testimony to Yankee ingenuity.
2. YouTube Channel: Mobile and videos are like mashed potatoes and gravy. The more videos the better and in this case one of the key videos was an actual test of the pocket to show that it was able to effectively block RF.
3. Photo Gallery of all Products: Next to videos, pictures are high on the list of things that people love to do with their phone and so we had to include a photo gallery of the different products.
4. Mobile Commerce Capability: Integrating PayPal driven mobile commerce makes it easy for anyone to come in and place an order for the pocket, or any of the other assorted products.
5. Social Media: Mobile apps make it very easy for people to follow you on Facebook, Twitter etc. So having a social media tab is a must and we include it with all of our apps.
So far so good. A beautiful functional mobile web app. Keith is taking orders (though we don’t know exactly what the level is) but gotta figure that these were orders he wasn’t getting before. At least people aren’t turning in the other direction because his site wasn’t mobile friendly