I do believe that the Belly Dancing Leyla Style Mobile App for Android and iTunes was the 1st Belly Dance Mobile app to hit the app stores. This is a beautiful mobile app with stellar graphics and it gives Belly Dancers great value when it comes to getting Belly Dance instruction for pennies on the dollar.
Belly Dancing Leyla Style Mobile App – A Belly Dance Video Remote Control
Belly Dancer Leyla Najma has been performing, teaching others how to Belly Dance for 20+ years. She has a website where she markets and sells over 30+ Belly Dance DVD tiles, a very well read Belly Dance Blog and also provides online Belly Dance classes where dancers can access all her videos for a single price.
Will so much content Recently she decided she needed something that brought all three of these together under a single umbrella as well as provided her students and readers the opportunity to access all her content using their mobile devices.
“The Mobile Device may very well take on a role of being a remote control where video is ported into a persons TV. This is great for students practicing Belly Dancing because it liberates their practice routine from the ball and chain of their desktop computer;” said Leyla
Project Background and Scope
Leyla had been self-producing belly dance instructional videos for a couple of years and had amassed a collection of over 35 separate belly dance instructional video titles. You could get instruction if you were a beginner, intermediate or a performing professional. With all these titles Leyla wanted to find a way to further monetize her collection and believed a mobile app would be the a good way to introduce people to her unique style of teaching. As well younger belly dancers were more prone to want to use their phone rather than a computer which made a mobile app perfect for the younger dancer.
Project Components and Feature
The project includes both an iPhone and Android app that presents Leyla in somewhat of a microcosm.
- Mobile App for Android and iTunes with the following features
- 11 instructional videos to include: Full length beginners video, beginning intermediate video, a video on hip control, on footwork and 5 specialty videos no longer than 6 minutes each. Dancers get a new combo without having to watch a full length video from start to finish.
- Access to over 150 articles on her Belly Dance blog.
- Mobile Cart with all 35 DVDs
- Podcast: Leyla has recently started Podcasting and podcast lovers love podcasts in their app.
- Photo Gallery
- Voice support
- Hip Phylosophy Website: The website would serve a daul purpose. It would be the container for the videos as well as act as a marketing vehicle for the app.
Belly Dance Leyla Style Mobile App Screen Shots